The Charming Squire is a partnership forged with a local hotelier group which has delivered a premium venue stocking almost the full range of James Squire Beers on tap alongside the constantly rotating in house brewed beers. This presentation will describe the installation of a microbrewery including the process of design, commissioning and some of the innovations developed to overcome the obstacles that were encountered. It will briefly discuss the outcome which has provided a platform for the development of new and interesting Craft beers that the business is able to receive almost instant feedback on. The Microbrewery has also enabled the opportunity to further educate the local Brewery Technicians at XXXX in more hands on craft brewing, something that is difficult to attain in a highly automated Brewing environment.
- Currently the Quality Brewer at Castlemaine Perkins Fourex Brewery in Milton QLD responsible for the Technical Department and maintaining product quality within Brewing operations.
- Previous roles include:
- Senior Brewer at Australian Beer Company (formerly Casella) responsible for Brewing Operations and New Product Development and was also intimately involved in the install and commissioning of the Krones Brewery and PSS MicroBrewery.
- Brewer at Knappstein Enterprise Brewery in Clare SA
- Hold a Bachelor in Applied Science Applied Chemistry and Diploma in Brewing
- Involved in the Brewing Industry since 2002